What is Automation?
Automation or automatic control is the use of different control techniques to operate the equipment’s i.e. Machinery, processes in manufacturing factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, steering, and stabilization of ships, switching in telephone networks, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention. There are some processes which have been completely automated. The major advantage of automation in any department is that it saves labor; however, automation is also used to save energy and materials and to develop accuracy, quality, and precision.
What is Automation in Textile Weaving?
The six production stairs of weaving such as winding, warping, weaving inspection, sizing and packaging include 16 points of automation. Among these, twelve deal with materials handling or transport. Out of those, only four applications deal with automating the machine operations themselves.
This comprises automated procedure control on the slasher and the weaving functions of automated warp breakage locator, automatic pick repair and computerized machine control. Manual support is still required for beam replacement and repair of warp breaks.
Execution of electronic control such as computer control in automatic weaving loom has simplified operations as only the conditions such as a type of yarn and weaves.
Objects of Automation in Weaving Technology:
There are the below objects of automation in textile weaving:
- It is applied to weave the perfect fabric.
- It is applied to weave a large quantity of the same fabric.
- It is applied to weave fancy fabric better.
- It is applied to reduce the cost of fabric production.
- It is applied to improve the working conditions of the operatives.
Benefits of Automation Process in Weaving Technology:
Some key advantages of the automation process in weaving technology have pointed out in the following:
- To accomplish even faster resetting times, the mechanical cam can be replaced by a high-resolution SIMOTION cam task for harness motions.
- Variable user interfaces enable process parameters to be quickly adapted to the execution system. These types of data can be reproduced at any time and assigned according to process technology. To make manual adjustments, a lot of change no longer requires you.
- Tools for configuration, commissioning, and diagnostics integrated into the uniform, scalable SCOUT engineering process decrease configuration and service times.
- The technological operations integrated into SIMOTION, especially the electronic cam, make it easy to execute the desired motion control safely and easily for the process. They concede motion profiles to be modified flexibly and with minimum effort where necessary.