In textile industry, woven fabric is produced by using loom mechanism. Different types of woven fabric produced by using different weaving mechanism for the definite fabrics. As its importance, this article has presented the weaving principle of weaving or loom.
What is Loom in Textile?
A loom is the contact point of all the processes (ginning, opening, carding, spinning, winding, warping, sizing and beaming) of fabric production. It is used to produce woven fabric. It is driven by the line shaft or it can be driven by individual motor which is fitted with loom.
Different Parts of Weaving Machine or Loom:
All the parts of a loom machine or weaving machine have pointed out in the below:
- Heald shaft,
- Pedal or treadle,
- Lease rod,
- Drawing hook.
Weaving is the procedure of interlacement between the warp and weft in the fabric which is done according to the design of fabric. Weaving mechanism or Basic principle have discussed in the below.
- The yarn from the weavers beam passes round the back rest and comes forward via the drop wire of warp stop motion to the heald eye of heald shaft which is responsible for the purpose of shade formation.
Weaving mechanism in textile
- It then passes through the dent of reed which holds the thread at uniform spacing and it also done the beating up the weft thread that has been left in the triangle warp sheet form by the two warp sheet and reed.
- In this way, weft yarn is meshes with last pick of fabric or cloth. Here, temple holds the cloth firm at the position of feed and helps in the formation of a uniform fabric width. Then fabric passes over the front rest then take up roller then pressure roller and at last wind on to the cloth roller.
Important questions related with this topic:
You can answer the below questions in the interview board if you read this article attentively:
- What do you mean by loom?
- What is loom?
- Describe about the loom principle.
- Explain about the looming principle.
- Describe about the weaving principle.
1 thought on “Basic Principle of Weaving or Loom”
I every time uѕed to study articⅼe in news pаpers but
now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net
for content, thanks to web.