Warping Defects or Faults:
The main object of warping is to accelerate the next processes for woven fabric manufacturing (such as sizing drafting, denting) in textile industry. If there any faults produced, then total process will be hampered. Ultimately, the required quality fabric can’t be achieved. As its importance, this article has shown various types of warping faults with their causes and remedies.
|Warping faults and remedies|
Faults and Remedies of Warping:
The main faults of warping have pointed out in the below:
- Crossed ends,
- Snarl formation,
- Hard beam,
- Warp off centre of the beam,
- Missing ends,
- Unequal warp length,
- Uneven or ridgy warp beam,
- Irregular yarn tension,
- Conical winding on the beam,
All the above warping defects or faults have explained in the following with their causes and remedies:
1. Crossed ends:
- Loose warp,
- Tying of broken ends,
- Defective knotting after breakage of yarn.
- Fault free knotting should be used,
- Tension should be controlled.
2. Snarl formation:
- Incorrect twist,
- Improper tension,
- Guide position.
- Twist should be perfect,
- Correct tension must be applied.
3. Hard beam:
- Excessive tension,
- Excessive pressure.
- Proper tension should apply,
- Required pressure should be applied there.
4. Warp off centre of the beam:
- Improper placing of creel and flanged bobbin.
- Warp beam should be placed properly.
5. Missing ends:
- Defective stop device,
- Nonappearance of bobbin or cone in creel,
- Wearied bobbin or cone.
- Fault free stop device should be used.
- Proper appearance of bobbin or cone on the creel.
6. Unequal warp length:
- Defective measuring device,
- Fault free measuring device should use.
7. Uneven or ridgy warp beam:
- Small number of ends winding on a large beam,
- Mixing of count.
- Higher number of ends should be used.
- Due to one broken end is pieced to another yarn end on the warper beam.
- Join should be perfect there.
9. Irregular yarn tension:
- Incorrect threading of the yarn into tension devices.
- Perfect threading of the yarn should be done.
10. Conical winding on the beam:
- Improper load applied by the pressure roller.
- Pressure roller load should be actual.