Breaker Carding Machine in Spinning:
In case of breaker carding machine, breaker cards are normally half circular and down striking. By using the action of cylinder and worker, the primary function of jute carding is performed; whereas the cleaning process executed between the stripper and worker. It is named as breaker card due to its breaking ability to the long reeds of jute.
|Material passage diagram of breaker carding machine|
Working Procedure of Breaker Carding Machine in Textile Spinning Sector:
The total working procedure of a breaker carding machine has discussed in the below:
- The roll of 6-8 spreader slivers are feed on to the feed sheet from a creel at floor level towards the feed roller of the breaker card.
- The jute now enters the m/c via shell feed which is comprised of a cast iron shell and a pin feed roller.
- The jute enters the space between the shell and pin feed roller which travels towards the swift moving pins of the main cylinder.
- They are split, opened out and converted in to a fibrous beard, when the feeding ends of the reeds meet these fast moving pins.
- When jute fibers come in contact with the slow speed of the workers which gives carding action together with the cylinder but not stripping.
- The back pointing pins of the worker opposes cylinder pins, point against point to catch up loose fibers and at the same time open out and card the fiber.
- The fibrous raw striped by the workers are carried round with them and ultimately stripped by pins of the faster running stripper roller.
- The wastage is then discharged through the tin cylinder.
- In this way, jute passes 1st and 2nd worker stripper pairs.
- After leaving the 2nd worker stripper pair fleece of fibers meet the doffer which stripes jute off the cylinder.
- Then the fibers pass through drawing roller into V- shaped condenser.
- The fibers are delivered to delivery roller and delivery processing roller.
- Finally, the sliver obtained in the roll form.