Zigzag Stitch Sewing Machine in Apparel Industry:
Almost all the modern sewing machines offer a zigzag stitch where a configuration that takes one stitch to the left and another stitch to the right. For applying a zigzag stitch, have to install a presser foot with a wide hole and a needle plate with a similarly shaped hole.
Features of Zigzag Stitch Sewing Machine:
- This is the special modification of the lock stitch sewing machine.
- Here, several needles are one but sewing is created by two sewing threads.
- Here, the length of the stitch varies from 2mm to 2.5 mm.
- In the case of zigzag stitching machine stitch per minute stands at 5500.
- For the decorative purpose in which joining of elastic, pipe, braid and so on with the fabric is required.
- To finish various seam allowance edges zigzag stitch can be used.
- Using zigzag stitch for seaming helps to eliminate the thread breakage and subsequent tears in the areas subjected to stress.
- The zigzag stitch is used for attaching the buttons by using the machine.
- The zigzag stitch occurs here.
- The zigzag stitch sewing machine is mostly used for edge stitching of the fabric that means when selvage is needed.
- The zigzag stitch length and width can be adjusted for changing the appearance of the stitch.
- A zigzag stitch must lie flat against the fabric without tunneling.
- This type of machine is often used for hemming stretchable apparel like knit trousers or T-shirts.
- In the case of zigzag stitch, stitch density varies from 5 to 10 mm.
How to Install Sewing Machine in Apparel Industry?
Some useful instructions for sewing machine installation in the apparel industry have listed in the following:
- Clean the machine completely after installing the machine and before the first operation.
- You should clean all kinds of dust and overflowed oil during transportation.
- You should confirm the power plug whether is correctly connected to the power supply or not.
- Please confirm the following to avoid malfunction or damage to this machine.
- Set the voltage and the phase of the motor correctly.
- You should turn the power off to prevent any types of hazards or accidents caused by the abrupt start of the sewing machine.
- Please confirm the rotating direction of the sewing machine pulley is incorrect direction.
- When the local voltage type is different from the marked voltage on the nametag attached to the sewing machine then you should keep yourself away from running the machine.