Sewing Machine Safety Rules for Sewing Machine Operator:
Safety is an important issue in any type of job whether it is easy or hard. In the apparel manufacturing industry, sewing machine operator works for a long time. To ensure enough security for them is a mandatory duty for all the factory personnel before starting the apparel production. This article has presented some useful tips as security instruction for a sewing floor in the readymade apparel sector.
Sewing Machine Safety Checklist:
Some useful safety instructions for all types of sewing machine have pointed out below:
- Everybody should operate the sewing machine correctly to get the best functions of this machine.
- All the safety equipment must be ready when the machine is ready for operation.
- It should not be allowed to operate the sewing machines without the specified safety devices.
- The sewing machine should be operated by a properly trained operator.
- Please ascertain that it conforms to the safety standards and regulations of your country before using the sewing machine.
- Do not touch any functioning parts and devices of a sewing machine during running.
- To prevent anyone from getting hurt, always check the power switch is on or off before operating the machine.
- Qualified and well-trained technicians are required for adjustment, modification, and repair. It should be noted here that, only use assigned parts for replacement.
- By well-trained technicians, routine maintenance and service must be performed.
- Select proper power plug and install it by a well-trained electrician.
- Please connect the power plug to the grounded receptacle.
- Ask the instructor when you are in doubt about the sewing machine.
- We suggest you wear goggles for your own safety.
- You have to report a breakage to a tool or machine to the instructor.
- Operate only that machine which you have been trained to operate.
- Before starting to work, always inspect the sewing machine.
- Always be sure it is clean and threaded properly, with no loose threads on the pulley belt and all guards in place.
- Tie it back if your hair is long.
- When operating the sewing machine avoid loose-fitting sleeves, sweaters, jewelry, ties, and ribbons.
- Wear low shoes & close-fitting clothing when sewing on a power machine.
- Notify the instructor immediately if the equipment does not operate accurately.
- Keep aisles clear at all times.
- Without permission, you should not operate the sewing machine.
- To raise & lower the machine head use both hands.
- If possible, adjust the chair height so that your feet rest flat on the floor.
- While operating the machine, do not pull your chair forward or toward.
- You should always keep your head above the table.
- You must have to report any injuries or accidents immediately to the instructor.
- To prevent anyone from slipping, wipe up any oil specified on the floor instantly.
- When you are setting or threading the needle, keep your feet off the treadle.
- To reduce fatigue, help prevent accidents, and increase efficiency always practice proper posture.
- Cleaning the machine is too much necessary to ensure the best performance periodically.