Purpose of Yarn Sizing | Tension Control in Sizing Process | Automation in Sizing
Importance of Warp Yarn Sizing in Weaving:
Sizing is an important process of textile weaving processes. It is necessary to size the warp yarn because of some key reasons which are deeply discussed in the following:
- To strengthen the yarn by causing the fibres to adhere together.
- To make the other surface of the yarn smoother so that here protruding from one yarn in the warp should not become entangled with hair protruding from a neighboring yarn.
- To lubricate the yarns so that there is less friction when they rub together in the weaving process. The reduction of friction reduces the forces acting on the yarns during weaving.
|Fig: Sizing process in weaving|
Disadvantages of Sizing in Weaving Technology:
The main disadvantages of sizing in textile weaving have pointed out in the below:
- Costing of size ingredients,
- Reducing warp yarn extension,
- Increasing pollution,
- Size removal difficulties,
- Costing of water or power,
- Degradation of yarn quality,
- Rough surface of warp yarn because of uneven size solution, sometimes increasing co-efficient of friction,
- Increasing warp yarn stiffness,
- Strong power to drive loom,
- Long preparatory process,
- Less yarn length on warp loom,
- Variation in dye take-up percentage,
- De-sizing cost,
- Capital investment,
- Formation of size ingredients,
- Less yarn or inch because of increasing diameter,
- More strong loom,
- Color intensity fading,
- Probability if some changes in fibre structure.
Tension Control in Sizing Process:
Controlling of tension which are followed during sizing processing are-
- Spreading tension,
- Wet zone tension,
- Let off motion,
- Dry zone tension,
- Winding on tension,
- Inlet motion.
Automation in Sizing Process:
Automation in sizing process have pointed out in the below:
- Control of size level,
- Control of steam pressure,
- Control of size temperature,
- Stretch control,
- Moisture control in sized warp,
- Controlling of measuring unit.