Features of Latch Needle | Classification of Latch Needle
What is Latch Needle in Knitting?
In textile knitting industry, latch needle is that which has a right hook and a latch which easily around the axis. This article has presented a details discussion on latch needle.
|Loop formation technique of latch needle|
Parts of Latch Needle:
Important parts of a latch needle have pointed out in the below:
- Saw cut or slot,
- Latch blade,
- Slot walls or cheeks,
- Latch spoon,
Function of Latch Needle Parts:
The main functions of a latch needle parts are-
- Saw cut or slot receives the latch blade.
- Rivet can be threaded or plain and pinched in the slot walls for retaining the latch blade.
- Hook draws and retains the new loop.
- Stem carries the new loop in the rest position or clearing position.
- Tail is normally n extensions which is below in the butt, gives additional support to the knitting needle and keep the needle in its trick.
- Latch blades situated in the blade.
- Slot walls or cheeks are either riveted or punched to fulcrum in the latch blade.
- Latch spoon is an extension of the latch blade which ultimately bridges between the stem and hook.
- Butt enables the knitting needles to be reciprocated when contacted by cam profiles.
Types of Latch Needle:
There are mainly two types of latch needle seen in knitting. Those are-
- Single ended latch needle,
- Double ended latch needle.
All the above types of latch needle explained in the below:
1. Single ended latch needle:
This type of needle has classified into two types, where one is friction needle and another one is friction less needle.
2. Double ended latch needle:
In this type of needle, two slides at same direction have hook and latch. Double ended latch needle is used for double cylinder hose knitting machine and purl knitting machine.