Features of Bearded Needle | Important Parts of Bearded Needle | Uses of Bearded Needle
What is Knitting Needle?
Knitting needle is the fundamental parts of knitting machine which is used for producing knit fabric in textile industry. A knitting machine has three types of needle such as latch needle, bearded needle and compound needle. This article has presented a details discussion on bearded needle with their key features, advantages and uses.
|Knitting action of bearded needle
Main Parts of Bearded Needle:
Bearded needled contains the below parts-
- The head,
- The stem,
- The bearded,
- The shank,
- The eye or groove.
Function of Bearded Needle Parts:
The main functions of bearded needle parts have pointed out in the following:
- Here, the stem is turned into hook to draw the new loop through the old loop during running.
- Groove, cut in the stem for receiving the pointed tip of the bearded.
- In the stem where needle loop has formed.
- In shank, this may be bent for individual location in knitting machine with others in a metal lead.
- In bearded, it is the curved downward construction of the hook which is ultimately used to separate the old loop.
Key Advantages of Bearded Needle:
Important advantages of bearded needle are-
- Bearded needle is simple and cheapest type.
- Bearded needle is also known as spring needle.
- Also, suitable for loop transfer during fabric manufacturing.
- Bearded needle is used in very fine gauge knitting machine.
- Bearded needle have needed a closing elements.
- It is less expensive than other types of needle of a knitting machine.
Uses of Bearded Needle in Knitting Machine:
The main purposes of using bearded needle in knitting machine are-
- It is vastly used in tricot warp knitting machine.
- Also used in single jersey circular knitting m/c.
- Bearded needle is used in flat bar full fashioning m/c.