In today’s modern textile sector, various types of fabric produced for woven, knit and non-woven fabric. This article has presented the total classification of fabric for woven, knit and non-woven.
There are mainly three types of fabric, which are in the below:
- Woven favric,
- Knit or knitted fabric,
- Non-woven fabric.
All the above fabrics have explained in the following:
The fabrics which are produced by interlacing two sets of yarn i.e. war yarn and weft yarn by in is termed as woven fabric.
|Fig: Woven fabric|
Types of Woven Fabric:
There are various types of woven fabrics produced in textile weaving sector which are mentioned in the following:
- Poplin fabric or broad cloth,
- Denim fabric, Pinpoint oxford fabric,
- Corduroy fabric,
- Chambray fabric,
- Crepe fabric,
- Oxford fabric,
- Melange fabric,
- Flannel fabric,
- Royal oxford cloth,
- Dobby fabric,
- Herringbone fabric Kashmir silk,
- Khadi fabric,
- Gabardine fabric.
Woven fabric is used for the below purposes:
- Dress or blouses,
- Bridal satins,
- Lining fabrics,
- Stretch fabrics,
- Blanket binders,
- Shower curtain,
The fabrics which are produced by interlacing one set of yarn are known as knit of knitted fabric. It should be noted here that, knit fabric and knitted fabric are same.
|Fig: Knit fabric|
Types of Knit of Knitted Fabric:
There are so many knit fabrics produced in today’s modern textile knitting sector which are presented in the below:
- 100% cotton single jersey fabric,
- Burn out single jersey fabrics,
- 100% cotton double jersey fabrics,
- Lycra or spandex single jersey fabrics,
- Slub single jersey fabrics,
- Grey melange slub fabrics,
- Fleece fabrics,
- French terry fabrics,
- French terry slub fabrics,
- Grey melange fabrics,
- Micro or baby terry fabrics,
- Lacoste fabrics,
- Sequence fabrics
- French terry fabrics (inside brushed),
- Design terry fabrics,
- Pique fabrics,
- Pique slub fabrics,
- 1×1 Rib fabrics,
- 2×1 Rib fabrics.
Knit or knitted fabric is used for the following g purposes:
- Jersey fabric used for making T-shirt, Soft jacket and Coats.
- Interlock knits are suitable for evening wear and lingerie.
- Tricot fabric is used for bathing suits.
- Sweater knits can be used to make tops, sweater dresses and skirts.
This type of fabric is produced by connecting yarn with gummy or bonded materials.
|Fig: Non-woven fabric|
According to the technology of raw materials:
- Staple fibre non-woven,
- Filament fibre non-woven.
- Weft bonded,
- Dry bonded,
- Spun bonded.
- Water repellent,
- Flame retardant,
- Water absorbent.
Non-woven fabric is used for the below purposes:
- Coating substrates,
- Hygiene etc.