Knit Fabric Manufacturing Process in Textile Industry
What is Knitting in Textile?
|Circular knitting machine used in textile industry|
In textile industry, knitted fabric is formed on knitting machines which may hold from several hundred to several thousand knitting needles. There are two types of knitting where one is warp knitting and another one is weft knitting.
In case of weft knitting, the loops will be formed in the horizontal direction and the fabric produced will be in the tubular form. In case of warp knitting, the loops will be formed in the vertical direction and the fabric produced will be in opened width form.
The below process chart have to maintain during knit fabric manufacturing in textile:
The below fabrics are common in manufacturing knit garments:
- 100% cotton single jersey fabrics,
- Burn out single jersey fabrics,
- Lycra or spandex single jersey fabrics,
- French terry fabrics (inside brushed),
- Micro or baby terry fabrics,
- Lacoste fabrics,
- Sequence fabrics,
- 100% cotton double jersey fabrics,
- Pique slub fabrics,
- Slub single jersey fabrics,
- French terry slub fabrics,
- 2×1 Rib fabrics,
- 1×1 Rib fabrics,
- Grey melange fabrics,
- Grey melange slub fabrics,
- Fleece fabrics,
- French terry fabrics,
- Design terry fabrics,
- Pique fabrics.