Winding is very important process in textile weaving. This process can be hampered due to some faults. This article has presented all the weaving faults with causes and remedies.
Important winding faults have pointed out in the below:
- Faulty shape of package,
- Jail formation or stitching,
- Formation of ribbon,
- Soft package,
- Collapsed cone,
- Bell shaped cone,
- Nose bulging,
- Ring shaped cone,
- Imperfect winding speed,
- Tight bobbin,
- Patches formation on the yarn,
- Two end winding,
- Mixing of yarns of different linear density,
- Wild yarn,
- Imperfect shape of winding packages,
- Less removal of neps, slubs, dirt and loose fibres,
- Excessive knot in the yarn,
- Excessive full bobbin,
- Variation of tension,
- Knots with long tail or slack knots,
- Entanglement of yarn.
Causes and Remedies of Winding Faults:
Causes and corrective action of the above faults have discussed in the following:
1. Faulty shape of package:
- Faulty yarn guide,
- Faulty building device,
- Faulty traverse motion,
- Faulty drum guide.
- Correct yarn guide should be used,
- Accurate building device should be set,
- Perfect traversing motion should use,
- Correct drum guide.
2. Jail formation or stitching:
- Improper set-up of cone holder.
- Accurate set-up of cone holder.
3. Formation of ribbon:
- Improper set-up of cam switch.
- Perfect set-up of cam switch.
4. Soft package:
- Insufficient loading of the cradle.
- Sufficient loading of the cradle.
5. Collapsed cone:
- Using of faulty cone.
- Should be used fault free cone.
6. Bell shaped cone:
- Faulty set-up of cone holders with winding drum.
- Set-up should be perfect.
7. Nose bulging:
- Incorrect set-up of cone holders with winding drum.
- Proper set-up has needed here.
8. Ring shaped cone:
- Faulty setting of cone holder.
- Accurate set-up of cone holder is necessary.
9. Imperfect winding speed:
- Correct winding speed should be there.
10. Tight bobbin:
- Bobbin should be perfect.
11. Mixing of yarns of different linear density:
- Linear density of mixed yarn should be same.
12. Imperfect shape of winding packages:
- Correct shape of winding package have to use.
13. Less removal of neps, slubs, dirt and loose fibres:
- Should be free from slubs, neps and loose fibres.
14. Excessive full bobbin:
- Yarn should be wound at a definite length.
15. Variation of tension:
- Tension have to same throughout the total winding process.