Definition of Chittaranjan Loom | Characteristics of Chittaranjan Loom
What is Chittaranjan Loom?
Chittaranjan loom is one of the types of semi-automatic loom which is made of iron and wood. The terms which is commonly used in Bengali language is chittaranjan loom. Chittaranjan loom also known as Japanize loom.
|Chittaranjan Loom machine in Weaving Technology|
Features of Chittaranjan Loom:
The common features of chittaranjan loom are in the below:
- Picking and shedding motion is used here as fly shuttle loom.
- The main characteristics of chittaranjan loom lie in its beating up, take up and let-off motion.
- A five wheel take up motion has been adopted to regulate picks per inch.
- For beat up two wheels upon the top shaft connect the slay at the two ends with two livers.
- Higher production rate is here.
Advantages of Chittaranjan Loom:
Chittaranjan loom contain some key advantages which are in the following:
- Chittaranjan loom s more perfect for weaving coarse and medium fabric then finer yarns.
- This types of loom has 80% efficiency.
- Chittaranjan loom ensure uniformity in the insertion of picks per inch by the use of five wheel positive take up motion.
- An average can conveniently run this loom.
- This loom runs 120-140 picks per minute.
- These types of loom also ensure uniform beat up.
Disadvantages of Chittaranjan Loom:
Different demerits of chittaranjan loom are-
- Production rate is less over than modern loom.
- 5 wheel positive take up motion is used here which gives jerky motion.
- Chittaranjan loom is not an automatic loom.
- Precise control of fraction of picks is not suitable here.
More question related this topic:
The following questions will be very useful for you in your coming interview if you read this post carefully.
- What is chittaranjan loom in weaving?
- Mention the characteristics of chittaranjan loom.
- Point out some key advantages of chittaranjan loom in weaving.
- Mention the disadvantages of chittaranjan loom in weaving.
- 5. Write a short note on chittaranjan loom.