Definition of Frame Loom | Characteristics of Frame Loom in Weaving
What is Frame Loom?
Frame looms almost has similar mechanism that ground looms hold. The loom was made of rods and panels fastened at the right angles to construct a form similar to a box to make it more handy and manageable. Frame loom is being utilized even until now because of its portability and economy.
|Frame loom machine used in Weaving
Features of Frame Loom in Weaving:
Some key characteristics of frame loom have pointed out in the following:
- Twill, satin fabric can be produced by using this types of loom machine.
- The movement of the slay is given by the left hand of the weaver.
- This types of loom is made on a frame
- Beam diameter may high in case of frame loom.
Advantages of Frame Loom:
Advantages of frame loom in weaving are in the below:
- Here, long width of fabric can be woven as narrow ones.
- It has increased speed as one hand of the weaver operates the picking handle and the other remains free to operate the slay.
- Ensure better selvedge here.
- Larger number of heald can conveniently be operated.
- Let off is done here by pawl lever arrangement.
Disadvantages of Frame Loom:
Those are in the following:
- Fabric may compact in frame loom.
- Here, its too tough to fit the level.
- Cloth beam diameter is increased here as a result it becomes very large.
More questions related the topic:
The below questions will be very useful in your interview if you read this article carefully:
- What do you mean by frame loom?
- What is frame loom in weaving?
- Mention the characteristics of frame loom.
- Point out various advantages of frame loom in weaving.
- Discuss about the disadvantages of frame loom in weaving.
- Briefly discuss about the frame loom used in weaving technology.
- Write a short note on frame loom.