Definition of Ginning | Key Purpose of Ginning Process | Types of Ginning in Textile | Faults of Ginning Process
What is Ginning in Textile?
Seed cotton is that when the freshly picked cotton has seeds in it. The treading is done by following this condition also though normally the treading has done after separation of the fibres from their seed. So, the total processes which are involved to separate the cotton fibres from the seeds are termed as ginning. Gin equipment is designed for removing moisture, foreign matters, and cottonseed from raw seed cotton. The total process plays an important role in textile spinning sector. Mainly two types of ginning is used in spinning, where one is saw gin and another one is roller gin.
|Ginning Process in Textile|
Objects of Ginning Process in Textile:
The main objects of ginning process have pointed out in the below:
- It used to collect waste and seeds together.
- Ginning has done to separate the fibres fully from the seeds.
- Ginning is used to separate whole fibre.
- It is also used to collect fibre without any effects.
Classification of Ginning in Spinning:
Ginning has classified into three types. Those are-
- Saw ginning,
- Macarthy ginning,
- Roller ginning.
Macarthy ginning is also classified into three such as single acting macarthy ginning, double acting macarthy ginning and double roller macarthy ginning.
Defects in Ginning Process:
Some common faults of ginning process are mentioned in the following:
- Gin-cut fibre,
- Neps formation,
- Crushed seeds,
- A lot of wastage.
More questions related this topic:
The below questions will be very easy to answer of you if read this article attentively.
- What do you mean by ginning process?
- Briefly discuss the main purposes of ginning in spinning.
- What are the types of ginning process in textile?
- Prepare a list of ginning faults seen in textile.
- Point out the importance of ginning process in spinning.