Definition of Combed Yarn | Characteristics of Combed Yarn | Combed Yarn Manufacturing Process Flow Chart
What is Combed Yarn?
Combed yarn is a yarn that has undergone a time consuming combing process. Combing process makes its fibers straight and also ensures that the fibers run parallel to each other. Combing process makes the combed yarn more compact and strong. It should be noted here that, combed yarn needs higher cost than carded yarn. On the other word, the yarn which is produced by using longest and fibre is termed as combed yarn.
Combed yarn is used to make the fabric more exclusive, soft and strong through a highly developed combed yarn manufacturing process. The products which are produced by using combed yarn are specially perfect for sensitive skin due to its soft effect properties.
Key Properties of Combed Yarn:
The main properties of combed yarn are in the below:
- Combed yarn is extremely soft version of cotton.
- It is more strong than others yarn such like carded yarn.
- Combed yarn is slightly more expensive in manufacturing than conventional yarn.
- It is very fine yarn.
- Combed yarn is perfect for producing linen fabric.
- It is also used perfect for producing those fabrics which are worn against the skin.
- This type of yarn is produced by using fine and longest fibre.
Process Sequence of Combed Yarn Manufacturing:
Machine Used or Process
Pre comb drawing
Post comb drawing
More questions related this topic:
The below questions may help you in your upcoming interview if you read this article carefully-
- What do you mean by combed yarn?
- Write down some qualities of combed yarn used in textile.
- Mention the combed yarn manufacturing sequence followed in spinning sector.
- Present the yarn manufacturing process.
- Mention the process flow chart of spinning mills.