Definition of Knitting | Types of Knitting Machine
What is Knitting in Textile?
It is the process of producing fabric by transforming continuous stands of yarn into a series of interlocking loops, where each raw of such loops hanging from the one immediately preceding it.
|Circular knitting machine used in knit fabric production|
It should be noted here that, interloping consists of forming yarns into loops. Each of which is typically only released after a succeeding loop has been formed and inter-meshed with it. It is the most used method interloping and is second choice only to weaving as the process of manufacturing textile products.
Classification of Knitting Machine:
Knitting machine is mainly classified into three, those are in the below:
- Warp knitting machine,
- Weft knitting machine,
- Other loop forming machine.
All the above knitting machines have also various derivatives, those are-
1. Warp knitting machine:
Warp knitting machine is two types:
- United needle,
- Independent needle.
Independent needle also classified into two types, where one is circular and another one is flat bed.
2. Weft knitting machine:
This type of knitting machine has also classified into two.
- Independent needle,
- United needle.
Independent needle has two types. The first one is flat bed and the other one is circular.
3. Other loop forming machine:
It has also two types, those are in the following:
- ·United and independent needle
Ere, flat bed and circular is the two types of independent needle.
More questions related this topic:
All the below questions will be very effective in your upcoming interview if you read this article with full concentration.
- What is knitting technology in textile?
- What do you mean by knitting in textile sector?
- Mention the types of knitting machine used in knit fabric production.
- What are the types of warp knitting machine?
- What are the types of weft knitting machine?
- Point out the list of knitting machines used in textile.