Definition of Projectile Loom | Characteristics of Projectile Loom | Advantages and Disadvantages of Projectile Loom in Weaving
What is Projectile Loom?
In textile weaving, projectile loom is that, where picking action is accomplished by a series of small bullet projectiles which ultimately grip the filing yarn and carried it through the weaving shed and return empty.
|Projectile loom used in weaving industry|
Features of Projectile Loom:
Key characteristics of projectile loom have pointed out in the following:
- In case of projectile loom machine, number of projectile varies from 11 to 17.
- Projectile loom can produce multiple types of fabric.
- This type of loom machine consumes less power (approximately 3 kw-hr).
- Minimum width of rapier loom is 190 cm.
- In projectile loom machine, accommodator is used to reduce tension.
- Maximum width of this type of loom is 540 cm.
- In projectile loom, double beam single fabric can be produced.
Advantages of Projectile Loom:
Important advantages of projectile loom are in the below:
- Projectile loom is less noisy than shuttle looms.
- Drawing-in pinning of drop wires and knotting are accepted here.
- This type of loom machine is easy to operate and maintain.
- Here, the warp stop motions and weft stop motions actuate first and reliable.
- Projectile loom may produce different types of fashionable fabric.
Disadvantages of Projectile Loom:
Some demerits of projectile loom machine are-
- Projectile loom is a long lasting machine.
- Projectile loom needs higher initial investment.
- Skilled personnel are required to run projectile loom machine.
- Projectile loom machine is too much noisy than jet loom.
More questions related this important topic:
You may face the below questions in different interview which u can easily solve if you read this article with full concentration.
- What do you mean by projectile loom in weaving?
- What are the key characteristics of projectile loom?
- Discuss about the advantages of projectile loom.
- Mention various disadvantages of projectile loom.
- Write a short note on projectile loom.