Definition of Azoic Dye | Characteristics of Azoic Dye | Advantages of Azoic Dye
What is Azoic Dye?
Azoic dye is that which has insoluble azo group. Azoic dyes do not get in ready-made form in the market. It is produced by reacting two components named coupling method and diazo component. It should be noted here that, azoic dye is different from other dye and the application process also different from others. it also called ice color or magic color because it needs very low temperature.
|Azoic dye used in textile wet processing|
Properties of Azoic Dye:
Some key properties of azoic dye have pointed out in the below:
- This type of dye is mostly used for lighter shade dyeing.
- It is directly insoluble in water.
- Insoluble azo group present in it.
- Brightness of azoic dye is good.
- Addition of salt increases substantively.
- High fastness characteristics of this dyestuff admirable.
- Brightness of shade is also admirable.
- Dyeing operation is completed by two bath arrangement such as developing bath and impregnating bath.
- This dyestuff always contains azo groups in its chemical structure.
- Dyestuff always used in cellulosic materials.
- Wash fastness is very good here.
- Napthol dispersed in alcohol T.R.O.
- Coupling is necessary for color production.
- In alkaline solution, coupling is done.
- It is mainly applicable for cellulose fibres.
- Application time has needed more here.
- Azoic dye is comparatively cheap than other dyes.
- Dyeing process is done by using three processes here such as coupling, naptholation and diazotization.
- Here, final color is produced within few seconds after immersing the next materials in the dye solution.
- It is perfect for small scale industry.
- It is used for coloring small amount of textile materials dyeing.
- Azoic dye is not popular as reactive dye or disperses dye.
Advantages of Azoic Dye:
Some key benefits of azoic dye have mentioned in the following:
- It has wide color range.
- It has good color fastness.
- It has ability to absorb light.
- The environmental impact is low here.