Benchmarking in Textile and Apparel Business
Benchmarking in Quality Management of an Organization:
|Fig: Benchmarking in textile and apparel business|
What is Benchmarking in Strategic Management?
Bench marking refers to assimilating by a factory the best practices of the most advanced & successful factories in the same or relevant sector. This is commonly known as “Follow the leaders in your sector”.
You may follow Importance of Compliance for Higher Apparel Productivity
Assimilating the best practices from the leaders in the sector is the easiest and cheapest way of acquiring technique, technology, management practices, know-how, strategic planning, quality & productivity management, cost management etc.
Bangladeshi local apparel manufacturing factories suffer from some intrinsic shortcomings such as the following:
- They do not have long term strategic planning.
- Poor manpower recruitment & development policy.
- Lacking in productivity improvement techniques (Failure in introducing time and motion study method in the floor).
- Lacking in full proof quality management system (Failure in introducing ISO 9000.2000 & traffic Light Chart System in the floor).
- Failure in introducing continuous training of helpers, workers and employees.
- Failure in effecting continuous improvement in all ways of work.
- Failure in implementing full scale safety & personal protection system.
- Failure in introducing supplier-customer chain or quality circle system.
- Failure in instituting system of internal audit etc.